November 23, 2009
  1 Replies
  394 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Going Back Years Now - - Does anyone remember the hair salon next to the Starwood. If memory serves me correct it was owned by a guy named David. I also think the Salon was called Davids.-Anyone remember it?-Also, anyone remember The Rusty Nail?
12 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The RUSTY NAIL was across the street from the French Market, what is now FUBAR! It was what we then called a "stand up bar",(no dancing), although usually great music by a live DJ. They had a bartender by the name of, CHAZ, who created the original Sunday morning (6am) party concept, called "CHURCH" which was fairly successful, due to the fact that FRENCH MARKET was open 24 hours back then. It wasn't long after the bar called "GREG'S BLUE DOT " Highland near Melrose, adopted the SUNDAY 6am morning idea also under the name "CHURCH" which quickly earned nationwide recognition and it's place in Los Angeles Legendary Gay History. As far as the Hair Salon, I believe you are referring to the hair salon that was located on the corner near the FRENCH MARKET. North Side of Santa Monica, East of Crescent Heights! If I'm not mistaken it was called, "DAVID'S" owned by a red hair stylist fairly well known then, by the name of DAVID MEYERS! Hope that helps. PAUL E
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!