1. WestHollywood.com
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. January 16, 2008
  4.  Subscribe via email
My boyfriend and I are moving to WeHo later this month. What's the best way to meet gay friends in a non-club environment?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
There are gay tennis clubs, gay church meetings, new neighbors to invite over.Casual conversation can bring you a great friend. It will take awhile but the results are positive if you are and don't give up. You can weed out the bad ones after a while.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I'd like to help out any that I can with the site when I arrive to LA. I've started blogging a lot about the move because I want people that are like me (not into bars, clubs, etc) to know the difficulties, and places they can go. But yeah, I think that having sub-groups on here that allow for people to meet friends would be a good idea. I don't think you can stop hook-ups. But if you don't make the site skeezy then no one will fault you.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I definitely see a demand for putting together some groups for social outings. When I started the site over 10 years ago, my primary motivation was to provide a single online source for gays (mostly men since that was what I knew) to find out what's going on. Now that I've built a following on the site, I'd like to expand and allow the people who visit the site to form groups with similar interests to meet offline. My fear has always been that I'd be viewed as another hookup site, and that is not what I want to be - there are plenty of those out there already. I'd love to put a group of seriously interested people together to talk about what types of groups might be of interest and go from there. WestHollywood.Com is a side thing for me, so my time is limited. I'll set up another discussion topic to talk about it. Be sure to go back and show your interest on that topic. Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I am also considering a move to weho area after my divorce,spring 08. did you receive any reliable info other than the bar scene?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
If you're into sports, check out outsports.com. What sports are you into?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Now would be a good time for this website to perhaps create a social (non club - sex) link for people who are just out to make friends and enjoy each others company and play sports without any illicit pressure. In Long Beach, many gays go to the Ambrosia Cafe on Cherry and Broadway for a Sunday breakfast social.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Visitor's Center
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Contribute!